With a NEW
YEAR, comes new trends. Are you curious what else
I found out....which
other foods will be dubbed "superfoods" in
2015. Will kale reigh supreme?
Another article by Kate Cavuto, MS RD, lists 10 food
trends that will most likely take center stage.
1. Fermented foods- compelling science surfaces supporting
the role of the microbiome in immune function and overall
health. Watch for more kefir, kimchee and miso.
2. Beans - rich in protein, fiber and nutrients galore.
Beans and lentils will hopefully crowd out refined carbs
on your plate this year.
3.Bone broth. It's detoxifying, anti-inflammatory and
immune boosting and rich in minerals.
4. Matcha - green tea leaves ground into powder.
5. Ancient and local grains - though quinoa remains
a major player...new grains like Teff, Millet and Kaniwa
come into play.
6. Non-wheat flours like almond, hazelnut, coconut,
chickpea and more...
7. Smoke food and spices - a way of adding more flavor
to your cooking.
8. Coconut sugar - with a lower glycemic index and no
coconut flavor it is considered a healthier option.
9. Ugly vegetables - say what? kohlrabi, celeriac, sunchokes
and rutabaga will become popular.
10. Kalettes - a cross of kale and brussel sprouts...has
a nutty, sweet and slightly spicy cabbage-like flavor.
So there you have another trend opinion....and you'll
know what it is when we start carrying some other weird
food....after all...haven't you learned to love our Veggie
quinoa soup. We won't steer you wrong.